8.30.2009

Lingerings of May





















































May seems like an awfully long time ago, but I never managed to upload these photos of my last few days in May before heading to the USA. In those few weeks I said goodbye to Ardine & Karlijn as Cape Town compatriots. Part of Cape Town seems to be a revolving door of amazing people, passing through, on their way out, on their way in. In my current transient state it is incredibly comforting, especially since many people I've met are foreign to SA. However, the major loss is saying good bye so many times. The biggest goodbye has yet to arrive, at the beginning of October, when my cousin Georgia, her husband Mike, and precious girl Rebecca emmigrate to Australia.

It is incredibly rewarding to flip back through all these photos! Truly, a gem of a group of people.

Just a quick description of what you're viewing: A winter sunrise view of the harbour, taken from the school's campus. A goodbye champaign toast on Signal Hill, glasses raised to the sunset with Lions Head in the background. A bunch of crazies dancing the Brazilian Forro.

No comments:

Post a Comment