2.25.2010

Uh oh, there goes February!





Hmm, for lack of a better title, can you tell that I am a bit stretched! Teaching has me up till 11 o'clock some nights tackling the ever-surmounting grading. I'm finding it impossible to want to mark papers when I come home....thus I've been spending my afternoons baking and cooking up a storm, even finding vast amounts of pleasure in cleaning Johannes' bakkie or weeding the garden. Ay yai! The evenings are thus spent with the buzzing stick insects, praying manti, and moths (who I hope and pray don't attack me with acid again - my leg is still oozing blisters) and the entertainment of my students' english skills (spelling words like conflict get mistaken for cornflake because of the speech patterns!).

Thus, with little time to say too much, I'm going to leave this short and sweet with pictures for fodder. Please enjoy the friendly host of giraffes who wander not far from my backyard and the in-progress photos from the bar Johannes has been building (providing a backdrop for some painting). Enjoy a nibble from Johannes' homemade February 11th birthday cake and an angry snort from the teed off elephant (only one I've seen on the farm).























No comments:

Post a Comment