10.13.2008

Designing Backdrops

These are pictures from one of my classes today, depicting my group of painters while designing the backdrops for the 5 different puppet shows we're producing. On Friday, after much ado and a lot of headache over how to turn teenage pregnancy issues into a positive skit, my students voted and finalized the casting & puppet story selections.


We're doing 3 longer plays and 2 shorter ones. Yabo & the 3 Goats is a child's story and Johnny the Best Cheater is another short and sweet tale. The longer ones include the Monkey & the Crocodile (a very pointless story) and 2 more modern ones called Linda's Perseverance and A New Way to Love (the teenage pregnancy/AIDS awareness story).

I started another class on puppet design today and they were thrilled with the buttons, yarn, beads, sequins and fabrics I picked up over the weekend. I was worried the boys would pitch a fit over sewing, but rather they all know how to sew very nicely already. Hooray! They're very excited about the puppets and I was pleased as punch to see that they all stayed after the bell to keep working. I will post photos of the puppets when they're further along.

p.s. a lot of the pumpkins in south africa actually have white or pale green skins, thus the white pumpkins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment