10.27.2008

les peintures

I have a terrible time arranging pictures on blogger....so there is no order here! These are just a few diddles I've done to reconnect with "me" while away. I have found on days when I feel very removed this is an avenue I can easily take to displace my mind a bit, soak up what it is I see daily, and then digest the beauty around me.

There are these mass groups of swallows (???) that I disrupt multiple times in the morning en route to school. The runoff from the roads creates a special habitat for these birds along the roadsides and so there they congregate. The scatter once I'm 10 yards away and fly off together in a swoop and then twist and turn into the most beautiful formations. This could inspire me to be an animator for the mere purpose of describing their aerial gestures. Along the dam I cross on my commute I catch momentary peeks over my shoulder at the soft pinky-peach of the flamingoes, their heads hooked in an s-curve down by their breasts. Still sleeping, perhaps. Daily I am astonished by the bird life here, although, I must say I now understand the human cringing at the sound of the haaaa'claaaww of the haaa-deeeee-da, a monstrous herron-like being.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon - your art is amazing. Now I REALLY wish you could participate in the Gallery this year!! Ruth

    ReplyDelete