10.08.2008

Pictures from the first 3 weeks

Finally I am connected to the internet through my own computer so I can show you some of the sights I've been enjoying. These first images of the river & rocks are from my uncle's farm, called River Dene, in the Great Karoo region of South Africa. In the third one, if you can spot a spec of white on the rocks, that's me. I found a couple of skulls while on my climb in that spot - a monkey and then a dassie skull.

Then there's my gran with her lap dog and fierce protectress, Tina. Following this are some images of the arts in Nieu Bethesda, the closest town. There they have an arts centre that employs many local women and men with sewing and printmaking projects ( I hope to maybe run a screen printing workshop there after Christmas). They also have the renowned Owl House, which many of you have seen pictures of before. Helen Martins was a self taught artist who built an amazing sculpture garden of a pilgrimage to Mecca and wrapped the interior of her house with all sorts of amazing designs, color, and found objects. The image of the mountain depicts Nieu Bethesda on the road leading into the little town.

The last four images show my time in Cape Town. On Sunday evening there I went with my cousin's friend to a local bar - here everyone gathers on the lawn outside to drink and watch teh sunset. Beautiful life! You have the obvious images of me in front of Table Mountain and also my cousin, Georgia, and baby Rebecca on a stroll by the sea.










No comments:

Post a Comment