4.05.2009

Term's End

Friday marked the end of the First Term. Suddenly it feels like the days are flying! What
happened to this first term? Now I only have 3 to go and then…back home. It’s incredible. The last few weeks have been remarkably busy preparing for the end of the term and now I have a week off to prepare for the winter term.

To establish a sense of positive reinforcement I made name cards for each student at the beginning of the term - each week they received stickers to mark positive attitude and good behavior (ie respect for others). They were told initially that whoever received the most would receive some sort of reward at the end of the term. Having so many excellent critters under my thumb I was scratching my head, trying to determine how I could affordably reward them all. I finally came up with face painting, marketing my art skills for their surprise. I also rewarded each student with a certificate. They were SOoo excited. Most of them had never received a certificate before and were just incredibly tickled. Very exciting that with so little means I could provide them with an ample reward for their achievements! Not to mention the face paint. Here are some pictures from the face painting and the end of the term Teachers’ Braai (barbeque).






No comments:

Post a Comment